Are you looking for something extraordinary? To do something that others can only dream of? To open doors you didn't even know existed? All of this, and more, awaits you as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
PADI Instructor Development Course
Let Northwest Scuba help you turn your love of diving into a career! Become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor!
By becoming a PADI Instructor you can; do something you love every day, share your enthusiasm of diving with other people, live in the tropics and travel to exotic countries!
Why take your PADI Instructor Training at Northwest Scuba?
Northwest Scuba is one of only a few PADI 5 star IDC training facility in Western Canada and is the only facility in the Edmonton and Northern Alberta, owned and operated by a PADI Course Director (Instructor Trainer).
PADI Course Directors are instructor trainers who conduct PADI Instructor Development Courses and other instructor-level training. PADI Course Directors hold the highest and most respected professional rating in recreational scuba diving. They are among the dive industry’s most influential opinion leaders and role models. Those who join this elite group of professionals pass through a stringent screening process that examines their experience and training. This means you can expect nothing but the best from Northwest Scuba and Ken Holliday.
Having an experienced full-time PADI Course Director at Northwest Scuba allows us to offer the most extensive course that is flexible and set up for each candidate. If you need more time on the learning material Ken is here to help you through it. If it is in the preparation of scenarios or skills in class or pool settings he is always here to help.
Ken Holliday is well known for his teaching, he uses his 26 + years of experience, to show you how to apply everything you will learn. At the same time he will give you some life experiences, scenarios, humour and professionalism to your learning.
Having an experienced full-time PADI Course Director at Northwest Scuba allows us to offer the most comprehensive Instructor programs available anywhere.
PADI Instructor Development Course Information Sheet
Check these prerequisites carefully as they must be met prior to the start of the AI/OWSI/IDC
- Certified as a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor (for OWSI) or current instructor member in good standing with another recreational diver training organization for at least 6 months
- PADI Emergency First Response CPR and First Aid (or equivalent rating) taken within the past 24 months. If equivalent rating is used, photocopies must be submitted prior to start date of IDC
- Current Medical Statement signed by a physician within the past 12 months
- Diving logbook with 60 logged dives and 6 months as a certified diver for the IDC. 100 logged dives for attendance at the IE.
- Documentation of PADI Open Water, Advanced, and Rescue Diver certifications (or equivalent ratings). If equivalent rating is used, photocopies must be submitted prior to start date of IDC
What you need:
IDC CREW PACK WHICH INCLUDES
IDC Candidate Workbook – Included in IDC Tuition
PADI Instructor Manual – Supplied by candidate
The Law and the Diving Professional – Supplied by candidate
The Best of the Undersea Journal – Supplied by candidate
The Business of Diving – Supplied by candidate
Children and Scuba Diving – Supplied by candidate
Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Outline
Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
PADI Open Water Final Exam Booklet
PADI Rescue Diver Final Exam Booklet
PADI Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
In addition, each Candidate will need to have the
- PADI Open Water Manual
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- PADI eRDPml
Slate and pencil (you will probably need at least 2)
- Highlighter pen
- Personal pool and open water dive equipment
All Knowledge Reviews from the Independent Study Section of the PADI IDC Candidate Workbook must be completed prior to the start of the AI/IDC program.